Resilient Homes & Homesteads:
A Permaculture Engineers’ Perspective.
Engineer, ecologist & permaculture designer Rob Avis shares the high-level process he uses with clients to design homesteads that leverage and interact with the environment in which they’re built, producing their own energy and food, harvesting and storing water, cycling nutrients, and restoring the surrounding ecosystems.
Over 15 pre-recorded lessons, for a total of 1.5 hours of presentations, Rob will talk about how he combines goal setting, informed observation of the landscape, and appropriate innovative technology (such as building envelope design & annualized geo-solar) with environmental consciousness to create resilient, high-performance homes and farms.
Start anytime and you’ll get unlimited access and the ability to ask questions for thirty days.
OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR E-COURSES
To Login Or Create An Account
To login, hover over the login menu item and select LOGIN if you already have an account, or REGISTER if you need to create one:
Lost your password?
If you’ve lost your password, visit the password reset page.
When you register in an E-Course or webinar, you will be prompted to create a login account on our site and will receive an email confirmation with a direct link to our Student Dashboard page.
Alternatively, simply visit the url: https://vergepermaculture.ca/student-dashboard/.
Note that you will be prompted to Login to the website in order to view any material you have access to.
Accessing our E-courses and associated online material is easy. If you’ve played a video on your computer from Youtube or Vimeo before, then you’ve got all you need participate!
BUT TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, WE RECOMMEND:
- A desktop or laptop computer
- An up-to-date internet browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above)
- A broadband internet connection (for a reliable viewing experience at medium quality we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 400-700 Kbps. You can test your connection speed here)
IF YOUR COURSE INCLUDES LIVE WEBINARS:
We use an online platform called Zoom for our live webinars. It is similar to Skype, but simpler. All you need to join (from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android) is to click on a url that we will provide to you on the Student Dashboard.
Don’t have high speed internet? You can also call in via phone, but note that toll rates may apply.
Please view our course cancellation policy here.
The Self-Study program is a fourteen-day program. You will lose access after that time period, however, you are welcome to re-register at contourmapgenerator.com
For the Guided & Guaranteed program we will take a maximum of 20 property-units.
This short video will show you how to download the contour map for the Adaptive Habitat self study program.
First, make sure you “whitelist” emails from vergepermaculture.ca
Please take less than 2 minutes to follow the steps below to make sure you receive our emails:
1. Please “whitelist” this address and any other email addresses that end in @vergepermaculture.ca. To find out how to whitelist an email address, just Google “how to whitelist” and your email provider (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.).
2. In addition, you might choose to prioritize emails you receive from @vergepermaculture.ca so that they get directly to your primary inbox. You can do this by either “starring” or “marking as important” the first few emails you receive from us.
3. If you have Gmail or any other email provider that filters emails into inbox, promotions, social, etc., be sure to “drag” any of our emails to your primary inbox. See detailed instructions for doing this below!
Gmail Tabs – How To Deliver In The Primary Inbox
If you’re using Gmail Tabs in your inbox, nearly all Verge Permaculture emails will typically arrive in the Promotions tab by default.
You can adjust Gmail Tabs settings to deliver an email to the primary tab in 2 easy steps.
Two Steps to Deliver in Gmail’s Primary Tab:
Click on our email > drag and drop the email to the Primary Tab:
Click Yes when offered the option to “always deliver email@example.com” to Primary.
At this time, the Contour Map Generator is a feature of our Adaptive Habitat Self-Study program. There is no way to access this tool without registering in the program.
However, we do have plans to create and release Contour Map Generator 2.0 within the next 6 – 12 months. It’ll have numerous additional features and, for a small fee, users will have unlimited access to create and download contour maps.
We’ve invested a substantial amount of dollars and hours into the development of the Contour Map Generator and the Adaptive Habitat Self-Study Program and other associated tools.
Help us to continue to support this free program and free tools by making a donation:
Alternatively, give us a 5-star review on either of these platforms: