Essential Rainwater Harvesting Tool
The feasibility stage of designing a rainwater-harvesting system is about evaluating your project and selecting the size(s) of your roof and storage containers to best meet your needs for the least possible cost.
In Essential Rainwater Harvesting: A Guide To Home-Scale System Design (book), we provide you with the step-by-step instructions and templates to build your own simple rainwater harvesting calculation tool, using any spreadsheet software.
However, our Essential Rainwater Harvesting Tool is a pre-built spreadsheet tool that contains beautifully formatted tables, the formulas and logic presented in the book, plus a substantial number of more advanced features. It is pre-programmed and ready-to-go.
Learn more about Essential Rainwater Harvesting (our full product suite including softcover book, e-book, online course and our free toolkit) here.
Advanced Features Include
- User-friendly interface
- Select between metric or US customary units
- Choice of monthly timestep or a daily timestep
- Contains a pre-loaded rainfall dataset for all major US and Canadian cities / weather stations.
- Contains pre-loaded indoor water fixture water usage patterns and manufacturer ratings for determining demand calculations.
- Ability to select /change the commission month during tank optimizing.
- Ability to define drought commencement month and rain reduction due to drought on a monthly basis.
- Printable summary page.
- And much more!
System / Software / Usage Requirements
- Requires Microsoft Excel (Windows) or Excel for Mac
- The tool follows the process described in Essential Rainwater Harvesting (book). It is highly recommended that you have a copy of the book for reference purposes while using the tool.
- Internet access is required to access the video tutorials provided in the Essential Rainwater Harvesting Toolkit.
License Agreement (Private Use Only)
The spreadsheet templates (the “tools”) created by Verge Permaculture are considered copyrighted works under Canadian and other copyright laws and are the property of Verge Permaculture Inc.
You may download our tools, make archival copies, and customize a tool only for your personal use or use within your company or organization and not for resale or public sharing.
However, publicly sharing a screenshot or a printout (in hardcopy, PDF, or image format) is allowed.
For example: You purchase this spreadsheet to perform rainwater harvesting calculations for clients. You may send a printout (hardcopy or digital) of the summary page to your client, but you may not share the original spreadsheet file (.xlsx).
You may not remove or alter any Verge Permaculture logo, trademark, copyright, disclaimer, or other proprietary notices or marks within a tool.
The tools and any file, document, or other work including or derived from the tool may not be sold, distributed, published to an online gallery, hosted on a website, or placed on a server in a way that makes it available to the general public.
Our tools are intended to be educational and informative. They are not intended to serve as a guide. We disclaim all responsibility for any liability, loss or risk that may be associated with the application of our tools.