Do You Want to Use our Garden & Greenhouse?
This summer, we won’t be around Calgary much. We have taken a contract position with the Groundswell Network Society, in Invermere, BC, to act as their Resident Permaculture Designer and oversee the completion of their Permaculture Garden. We are very excited about this opportunity, but it does mean that we won’t be utilizing our Calgary gardens and our greenhouse in 2015.
Rather than let this space idle, I’d like to make the garden and greenhouse available to one or two keen permaculture students to plant, manage and harvest.
The soil is amazing and will produce abundant & nutritious food if properly managed. I’m also glad to provide some coaching and guidance both when we are back in Calgary (estimated once per month), or over the phone.
Our home is located near Marlborough mall, in East Calgary.
We want someone who is responsible and committed. You will come at least once (and likely twice) per week to keep things in shape. You will commit to managing the garden / greenhouse throughout the whole summer, right through to harvest. On weeks that you are not able to come, you will find someone to come in your place (or coordinate with me to help find someone).
Benefits to you:
- Space to grow a beautiful garden
- Access to amazing soil to grow healthy and nutritious food
- Access to our passive solar greenhouse
- You may harvest all the berries and other medicinal plants from the food forest,
- Some coaching and guidance, and
- Lots of other things…
You can get a sense of what our garden and greenhouse look like in full production in this video series:
If you are interested in this opportunity, write me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 24th and answer the following questions:
- Contact information, including full name and phone number
- When did you completed a PDC?
- Why do you want to do this? What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- Is there anything else I should know?
Lastly, if you are interested in coming to visit us (and the Groundswell Project) this summer – stay tuned! I will be organizing several field trips through the Permaculture Calgary Guild to the site in July and August.