Interested in WWOOFING with Verge?
In November 2019 we moved to a glorious 160-acre wooded property near Westerose, Alberta, and we’re now putting our skills into action to convert our new home and land into a model for resilience and sustainability.
There’s lots of work (and learning!) to do as we tackle this mega-project.
Before you apply to wwoof with us please read / review what it means to be a wwoofer, and know the following:
- Minimum time commitment is one week, and we’ll preferentiate stays of 2 weeks or longer.
- You’ll work full days (~6 hours/day) with 1 – 1.5 days off per week.
- Jobs will be varied.
- Depending on when you come, there will be lots of helping in the kitchen (food prep, preservation, fermenting), planning/planting/harvesting the garden(s), cleaning, helping with kids, and more.
- We might ask you to help harvest lumber for future building projects, cut and chop wood, plant something in the garden, go wildcrafting with one of us, turn the compost pile, or practice archery or build survival shelters with our children.
- Or you might be tasks with some of the following: cleaning, construction projects, cooking, farm tasks, general, firewood splitting & gathering, gardening tasks, general, harvesting, landscaping, maintenance, planting, seed saving, trail maintenance, and so on…
- You’ll stay in our very roomy and clean 40ft camper trailer complete with a queen mattress and pullout couch (if traveling alone you may be sharing the space with another wwoofer). It’s clean and comfy (we’ve lived in it for extended periods) and has it’s own kitchen and bathroom.
- We’ll share meals if you are willing to eat what we eat (we focus on food that is homemade, organic, nutrient-dense, locally available and/or raised by ourselves or other regenerative farmers).
You are a fit for us if you:
- Already have at least a basic understanding of permaculture design and permaculture practices.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and are willing to jump up and pitch in with a very large variety of projects and tasks.
In your downtime you can borrow a bike and head over to our neighbour’s yoga retreat center for a class, play in the creek or explore the two river valleys or over 10 km’s of trails through the woods. Our property is incredibly picturesque with regular and visits from moose, coyotes, beavers, deer and owls.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please check date availability below.