Verge Permaculture is an internationally recognized and award-winning online permaculture education company spearheaded by engineers, ecologists and husband and wife team, Rob & Michelle Avis.
Permaculture can be described as a design system for resilient living and land use, based on universal ethics and ecological design principles. The Verge team is whole-heartedly invested in helping our students prepare for a more resilient future through:
- …empowering individuals to shift from dependence on the conventional supply grid to regenerative, home-based food, water, and energy production
- …fostering a groundswell of mutually supportive, self-reliant, and ecologically and economically regenerative communities through permaculture business development and networking
- …restoring local soil ecology, water cycles and mitigating environmental degradation.
It is our goal, through teaching permaculture, to grow the number of humans in cold and temperate climates creating a life of abundance that supports the well-being of themselves, their communities and the world.
Product & Customer Support Coordinator
Hours per week: 37.5 – 40
Estimated Annual Renumeration*: $40,000 – $50,000
*Depending on the final contracted hours per week, skills, and qualifications of the candidate.
Location: Fully remote, with head office in Alberta, Canada.
Application deadline: Sunday, May 28th, 2023 (or sooner, if a suitable candidate is found)
We are looking for a competent individual to join our company as a Product & Customer Support Coordinator.
As the Product Coordinator, you will be supporting our Education Team and Product Managers in planning, organizing and delivering online and in-person programs, courses, events and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. To be an excellent product coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented and comfortable working with diverse teams. You must also be tech and digitally savvy as you will be working towards becoming an expert using and publishing materials on our custom WordPress e-learning platform.
As the Customer Support Coordinator, you will also be responsible for supporting our students including resolving queries, technical issues, recommending solutions and guiding users through features and functionalities of our e-learning platform. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator. Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that offers excellent customer and student support.
Product Coordinator Responsibilities
- Support Product Managers in the planning and coordination of programs, courses, events and their activities
- Assemble, configure, organize and publish e-learning materials (configuring lessons, surveys, quizzes, uploading / managing videos, timestamping, proofreading, etc)
- Schedule and organize meetings/events, maintain agendas, set up webinars.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Complete and maintain a shared inventory of all instructional assets
- Attend live online courses and complete on-demand courses as part of student support and ongoing quality assurance
- Manage and schedule communications with students via email broadcasts, and/ or chat, direct messaging and comments on our platforms.
- Become an expert in the use and configuration of Verge’s e-learning platform.
Customer Support Responsibilities
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Process manual payments, refunds and payment plans.
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features
- Analyze and report bugs and malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases and CRM with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Monitor customer complaints on social media and reach out to provide assistance
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Demonstrated interest/passion in permaculture and regenerative businesses
- Proven experience as product coordinator and/or customer support or relevant position
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Tech savvy. Although training will be provide, existing proficiency in any of the following software is a huge bonus: (WordPress, LearnDash, Keap/Infusionsoft, Memberium, Zoom, Vimeo, Dropbox, Canva, Gsuite, Asana, Slack)
- Diplomas, degrees, or certification in the following (or related) fields would be considered an asset:
- Post-secondary accomplishment in Social Sciences, Natural Resources and/or Environmental Sciences.
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Successful completion of programs or courses in Information Technology, Digital Marketing, Applied Business Administration
- You must be a Canadian citizen, Canadian permanent resident, or an individuals in Canada with refugee or CUAET status.
What We Offer
- Positive and fun team culture
- Work from home with a portion of work hours fully flexible
- Private Health Savings Plan
- Up to 52 hours annually of development training
Upload your photo-free resume / CV and cover letter by clicking on the link below before Sunday, May 28, 2023 to be considered. Files must be in .pdf format.