MEET KARLA COX
- Founder, Provisions Permaculture
- Graduated from Verge PDC in 2011
- Expertise: Water management, Educational workshops, Composting, Vermiculture, Vertical Gardening
A paramedic for 15 years, Karla discovered permaculture through a keen interest in food and the way it’s produced. After her PDC, she founded Provisions Permaculture in Cochrane, AB, a design and education company that looks to nature and its processes for ways to heal and restore.
As the world changes rapidly, growing ever more complex, Karla believes that the human race has a duty to be delicate and nurturing to the planet. She gets great satisfaction from empowering others to play active and positive roles in shaping the future, and is constantly amazed by her clients’ passion and drive to seek kinder and more ecological responsible ways of providing for themselves.
FAVOURITE QUOTE OF KARLA'S:
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison
“It is our collective responsibility to protect and nurture the global family, to support its weaker members and to preserve and tend to the environment in which we all live” – Dalai Lama
“If we throw mother nature out the window, she comes back in the door with a pitchfork.” – Masanobu Fukuoka
ABOUT PROVISIONS PERMACULTURE
Provisions Permaculture strives to repair the earth one lawn at a time while bringing strangers together as friends in the process. Karla is dedicated to giving individuals the tools, knowledge and reverie necessary to provide not only for themselves, but also for their families, their communities, the environment, and future generations.
Provisions Permaculture Services:
- Design consultation for private, public, and residential properties.
- Educational workshops, permablitzes, and community projects (such as community food forests)
- Vermiculture supplies and guidance (pre-made kits or worms by the pound)
- Services Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding areas. Will also travel to Lethbridge.
Interested in Learning More about Provisions Permaculture? Contact Karla:
- Email: karla (at) provisionspermaculture.
- Phone number: (403) 818-0153
- Website: Provisions Permaculture