What’s On My Mind: Rob’s Weekly Newsletter
Rob here with a quick update. Through our activities with Verge & our consulting company, Adaptive Habitat, we are continually immersed in exciting projects & opportunities and I find myself coming across all sorts of neat resources, ideas and information – things I know you’ll find useful in your own journey.
I want to share these insights, with you, through a new weekly newsletter. It’s called What’s On My Mind – 3 to 5 bite-sized nuggets on all things permaculture delivered from me to you every Friday.
We’re all inundated with emails these days, and the last thing I want to do is to add to the noise. So my intention is to make this newsletter super compact and loaded with value: Get your weekly fill of permaculture ideas in 30 seconds.
Below is an example of the types of information you’ll be receiving.
Week 36: Earth Tubes, Dams, Treatment Wetlands and a neat E book
- A Story on Earth Tubes: These are buried tubes that preheat or cool fresh air before it enters the house. I think there’s a great application for these in root cellars and earth fridges. Great read.
- Small Earth Dams: Inspired by talks with farmers in the Peace Region of Northern Alberta, I stumbled across this out of print book by K.D. Nelson on the design and construction of farm ponds. Seriously – download this PDF, it’s awesome.
- Regrarian Climate and Geography e-handbooks: I recently downloaded these by Darren’s Doherty. For $5, you get a lot of value and insight into Darren’s take on permaculture ideas. Highly recommended.
- Leviathan Treatment Wetlands: Over the past year, I’ve been obsessed with floating treatment wetlands and their application for in-situ treatment of polluted water bodies. Biohaven’s a US company that’s leading the pack. My favourite product from them I’m hope to use one day is the Leviathan. It cleans and aerates water while providing floating spawning channels. Imagine – breeding trout in your pond without a creek. Amazing!
- A Friday Quote for You: “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”- Mark Twain
And here’s a sample of the last few emails that I have sent out:
Hopefully that gives you a taste of the newsletter. Going forward, these tips will be EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE to newsletter subscribers. If you like what you read and want a weekly dose of all things permaculture, please subscribe, and I hope to connect with you soon.