Hey there, Rob and Michelle here!
You know, we’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve been asked “So – what is permaculture, exactly?” It’s usually the first question in a lively conversation that starts with the social and environmental mess we’re facing, and ends with the affirmation that yes, there is a way that we can meet our needs while not only preserving, but enhancing eco-system health!
But up to now, you would need to invest in our 72 hour Permaculture Design Certificate to get the full, world-changing answer. Why? Because the full answer involves a fundamental shift in your understanding of how life, the eco-system, and the planet function…and that’s not something we can give in a brief convo!
But this information needs to be available to the world, at a price anybody can afford!
So we’ve set up a low-cost, online Primer, giving you the quick and earthy lowdown. To keep this information as accessible as possible, we’re offering this Permaculture Primer at two levels:
- Thirty days access to the online video Permaculture Primer (6 videos /3.5 hours)
- A downloadable 50-page note pack explaining all of the key concepts in detail – that you can keep forever
- A coupon code applying the purchase price of this level ($19 + gst) against tuition to any of our in-person Permaculture Design Courses.
- All of the Basic features, plus…
- A full year’s access to the online video Permaculture Primer (6 videos / 3.5 hours)
- Links to suggested reading and informational websites
- Homework and observation prompts to increase experiential learning
- Full access to Rob’s expertise through a comment section where you can get your questions answered by Rob and interact with other participants
- A coupon code applying the purchase price of this level ($99 + gst) against tuition of our in-person Permaculture Design Course.
Whichever level you choose, you’ll get information that will challenge your assumptions about everything from compost to cultural values…without exaggeration, information that will start you on a journey to change your world.
This first-time-ever program is your best way to get a taste of the potential that permaculture offers for your garden, your community, and our planet….your best way to determine whether our world-class Permaculture Design Certificate is the one for you…and your best way to have a head start on the full program!
If you’ve ever wondered what the big deal is about permaculture – or if you have enough of an idea to want to learn more – or if you’re looking for a way to do good for the planet while you build a successful life for yourself – you’ll never have a better opportunity to get your questions answered.
What: 3.5 hours of content
This course contains 3.5 hours of recorded content delivered in six video sessions.
Part I: Introduction (25 mins)
Part II: Basic Understandings (42 mins)
Part III: Ecosystem Dynamics 1 (56 mins)
Part IV: Ecosystem Dynamics 2 (22 mins)
Part V: Principles of Design (33 mins)
Part VI: Design (35 mins)
As well, students receive a 50-page note pack that accompanies this course and explains all of the key concepts in detail.
Click the image to view an excerpt:
Everything you need can be accessed from the Student Dashboard page, where finding your videos, note pack, and more is just a click away. When you register, we provide you with access to the Dashboard and simple instructions to use it.
When: All year long!
You will receive access to the course material from the date you sign up.
The Basic Level allows for 30 days access.
The Interactive Level has unlimited access.
What do I need to access this course?
Accessing the course is easy. If you’ve played a video on your computer from Youtube or Vimeo before, then you’ve got all you need participate!
But to be more specific, we recommend:
- A desktop or laptop computer
- An up-to-date internet browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above)
- A broadband internet connection (for a reliable viewing experience at medium quality we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 400-700 Kbps. You can test your connection speed here)
How do I get my PDC discount?:
When you sign up for this course, you’ll get a coupon code that you can use to apply the price of this course against your full Permaculture Design Certificate. All the instructions will be delivered online upon registration.
We are not able to provide refunds or exchanges for online courses. You can view our full cancellation policy here.
This is valuable information for life, not just "gardening". It has provided a base point to many of my life choices and beliefs, a sort of coming together of ideas about wholistic living from the ground up
Verge Permaculture provides a learning experience that will both greatly inform & inspire. Rob delivers well founded information taught with an excellent blend of engineered expertise & the wonder of Mother Nature..!
Rob's incredible wealth of knowledge and resources provided a great base for understanding sustainable living that is symbiotic with nature...in a way that was inspiring and positive.
Taking the Verge Permaculture courses helped give me the knowledge, connections, and confidence to make real changes in my life. I was able to start my own business, change my lifestyle, and meet an amazing group of people that helped me every step of the way.
Thank you for the inspiring insight to starting something huge!
I started The Permaculture Primer today and am greatly impressed. I have taken other courses online but have never been as impressed with them as much as I am with yours. I like the level headed and rational approach you have taken.
The information in the Permaculture Primer and in the PDC has changed my world view and my direction in life. I highly recommend it.