When you enrol in an online course or program on our website, we automatically create a user account for you on the vergepermaculture.ca website based on the email you provide upon enrolment.
If, for some reason, you do not receive the user account email that is generated by our system you can easily regenerate / resend the user account email by visiting the password reset page and inputting your email.
Accessing our E-courses and associated online material is easy. If you’ve played a video on your computer from Youtube or Vimeo before, then you’ve got all you need participate!
BUT TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, WE RECOMMEND:
- A desktop or laptop computer
- An up-to-date internet browser (Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above)
- A broadband internet connection (for a reliable viewing experience at medium quality we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 400-700 Kbps. You can test your connection speed here)
IF YOUR COURSE INCLUDES LIVE WEBINARS:
We use an online platform called Zoom for our live webinars. It is similar to Skype, but simpler. All you need to join (from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android) is to click on a url that we will provide to you on the Student Dashboard.
The full system requirements for the webinars, including operating system requirements, supported tablet /mobile devices, supported browsers, and bandwidth requirements can be found here. (Note that you only need to meet the requirements for “Webinar Attendees” – no camera is required).
Don’t have high speed internet? You can also call in via phone, but note that toll rates may apply.
For the Guided & Guaranteed program we will take a maximum of 20 property-units.
First, make sure you “whitelist” emails from vergepermaculture.ca
Please take less than 2 minutes to follow the steps below to make sure you receive our emails:
1. Please “whitelist” this address and any other email addresses that end in @vergepermaculture.ca. To find out how to whitelist an email address, just Google “how to whitelist” and your email provider (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.).
2. In addition, you might choose to prioritize emails you receive from @vergepermaculture.ca so that they get directly to your primary inbox. You can do this by either “starring” or “marking as important” the first few emails you receive from us.
3. If you have Gmail or any other email provider that filters emails into inbox, promotions, social, etc., be sure to “drag” any of our emails to your primary inbox. See detailed instructions for doing this below!
Gmail Tabs – How To Deliver In The Primary Inbox
If you’re using Gmail Tabs in your inbox, nearly all Verge Permaculture emails will typically arrive in the Promotions tab by default.
You can adjust Gmail Tabs settings to deliver an email to the primary tab in 2 easy steps.
Two Steps to Deliver in Gmail’s Primary Tab:
Click on our email > drag and drop the email to the Primary Tab:
Click Yes when offered the option to “always deliver email@example.com” to Primary.
We’ve invested a substantial amount of dollars and hours into the development of the Contour Map Generator and the Adaptive Habitat Self-Study Program and other associated tools.
Help us to continue to support this free program and free tools by making a donation:
Alternatively, give us a 5-star review on either of these platforms:
If you’d like customized support, The Adaptive Habitat Guided and Guaranteed Program is a 10-12 week online program that runs ~2 times per year. It is designed to guide you and hand-hold you through the design of your property in a group setting with an engineer and a farmer on your team. We guarantee your results and offer a money-back guarantee as well as an unlimited return policy. Read more here.
We do not provide complimentary technical support for using Google Earth Pro in this free Self-Study program. If you are struggling with importing your map or following the instructions here, take some time to review these Google Earth Outreach Tutorials and/or the Google Earth User Guide. These following videos (available on YouTube) are also quite good:
The Guided and Guaranteed program is a 10 – 12 week online program for land owners, with DIY drive and motivation , who want to design their perfect property and are looking for the process, tools, training, and support to bring their dream to life!
Are you ready to stop cobbling your vision together from books, YouTube and guesswork, and instead commit to a proven process, with personal guidance and guaranteed results?
IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE, CONSIDER THIS:
- We have skin the game. We’re serious about investing our time and expertise to help you establish a lasting, resilient legacy on your land…and our guarantee is quite simple: if you don’t get results, you get your money back.
- This program offers big savings. The price point for the Guided & Guaranteed program is 10% of the cost of our equivalent one-on-one consulting packages.
- You’ll get accountability + support over several months. In addition to an organic farmer and an engineer joining your support team, you’ll
- be connected to an accountability partner,
- gain a valuable network of like-minded landowners and
- get ongoing monthly support from Rob & Takota for up to 7 months!
- See & experience real life design & implementation in our bonus Field Day. Join us for a private bonus Field Day on Coen Farm, in Alberta, Canada in August. Come meet us in person and see Adaptive Habitat land design come to life.
This actually isn’t just a course in sustainable land design – it’s a program that will give you tools to observe, think about, and relate to your land and your life more effectively.
The Contour Map Basic Generator is a subscription and includes a download button.
Once you’ve drawn your map, you are able to export a KLM file for import into a tool such as Google Earth Pro.
The Contour Map Preview Generator, accessible at contourmapgenerator.com is simply a preview version. No map is available for download.
The original contourmapgenerator.com was released in December 2018 and KML maps were made freely downloadable and available to the public.
Despite the overwhelming positive feedback and response we received, the reality is that the costs to maintain such a tool quickly escalated as the popularity of the tool grew exponentially.
In mid-October 2019 we transitioned to two versions of the tool:
- Contourmapgenerator.com remains completely free to the public to generate and preview contour maps anywhere in the world, but no download button is available.
- The Adaptive Habitat Contour Map Generator for Google Earth Pro is a minimally-priced subscription and includes unlimited KML file downloads.
Simple instructions for importing the KML file into Google Earth Pro are included in the Adaptive Habitat Self-Study Program, which you can enrol for (separately) here (- it’s free!).
Google Earth Pro is quite intuitive and easy to learn. Note that Google Earth Pro (for desktop) is different than Google Earth (for web), as it provides additional capabilities such as GIS data import capability. You’ll want to learn at least some of the basic functionality of this program. If you are generally comfortable with software you are likely pick it up by simply starting to play around in the program. If you need a little more support, these Google Earth Outreach Tutorials are very good, and the Google Earth User Guide is another comprehensive resource.
Most people who have used the contour map generator found it an amazing tool and it has saved many of them thousands of dollars that they might have spent on a traditional survey. However, the tool uses open source data so accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
The elevation data is provided by Mapzen. The underlying data sources are a mix of open source data from around the world, as such, quality and accuracy varies from place to place. You can see the approximated resolution for your location in the map. View an accuracy map here or visit this page for more detailed information.
Data provided by contourmapgenerator.com is purely informational.
This tool is based on and works thanks to products/services of the following projects, companies or people: Leaflet, D3.js, Axis Maps, Mapbox, Mapzen, OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, Danilo da Rosa and Magick Media.