SEEKING Editor & Layout for 50 page Technical Document
*** Please note that we are no longer taking applications for this job***
We have a ~50 page technical document on permaculture design that requires editing and layout.
This technical document is the note package that is provided with a video e-course. We want the editor to review the three hours of video content and edit the corresponding document for tone, style, consistency, detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax, as well as cut down on wordiness and clarify ambiguity, etc. Tables and graphics and hyperlinks (provided) must be incorporated into the document and we want the document to have an aesthetic design / layout. Cover design may or may not be included in the scope of the project depending on the skills of the successful candidate.
We want to work with a professional.
– Edit / create high-quality content that conveys technical concepts in a voice that targets our audience
– Edit content to match our intended voice and creative direction when necessary
– Contribute ideas on improving existing messaging and content
– Layout the edited document, fully edited and beautifully laid-out (document includes graphics, images and tables).
– Project completed by May 30th, 2014.
– Fluent English including excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
– A work style that is extremely detail oriented
– Strong communication skills
– An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create compelling copy and aesthetically pleasing layout.
– References or an established reputation
– An added bonus if you have technical knowledge in or have already worked in the realm of permaculture & sustainability.
This is a freelance job with a bugdet between $1000 -$5000. Please visit our Elance Posting for more information & to apply.
If you don’t have an Elance profile, you can send your resume / C.V/portfolio and references direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org (apologies ahead of time: due to the volume of emails we will only be contacting some candidates).