Announcing Our 2013 Internship Positions!
Want To Gain Hands-On Experience Designing and Implementing Permaculture Projects?
Why not apply to be an intern?
Dates: The internship will begin the first week of April 2013 and finish mid October 2013
Time commitment: One afternoon per week (Thursdays, 1:00-5:00 pm)
Location: Our home office/permaculture site in East Calgary
Requirements and Activities:
- Interns will come to our home once a week to help with and learn from whatever project we have on the go. Examples of projects include: garden planning, starting seedlings, building projects, spring planting, food forest management, greenhouse management, making compost, brewing & applying compost tea, installing water tanks, designing irrigation systems, harvesting & processing, seed saving and so on… Some projects will be explained and supervised by us, while others will require independent research and hands-on experimentation by the interns.
- The internship is unpaid – but read about the perks and benefits below.
Perks and Benefits:
- work closely with Rob and/or Michelle on projects and benefit from mentorship, knowledge exchange and hands-on implementation;
- gain intimate knowledge of the permaculture systems at work in our home and garden;
- have the opportunity to attend consultancies and speaking engagements with Rob.
Applicants must have earned a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC), whether with Verge Permaculture or another organization, to be considered for the internship position. Preference will be given to graduates of Verge’s PDC. Additional gardening, shop skills or permaculture experience is NOT required.
How to Apply:
You must be a PDC graduate (whether with Verge or another organization) to apply. Please download and complete the internship application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is February 15, 2013, and we plan to announce the internship positions by March 1st, 2013.
Download application form: 2013 Internship Application
What to Expect:
Check out last year’s intern blog for a sneak-peak of what to expect.
Thanks for applying!
Rob & Michelle Avis